Statement of Mission & Objectives
The Buteyko Institute of Breathing and Health is a non profit organisation committed to improving health by correcting asthma and other breathing related disorders through research, development, promotion and application of the Buteyko Technique of Breathing Reconditioning.
1. To inform individuals, care givers and the general community how the Buteyko Technique provides a natural and effective system for redressing hyperventilation breathing related disorders, relieving asthma and improving health and stamina.
2. To initiate and support research on hyperventilation and its management, by building on the results of the theoretical and practical work of Professor Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko and the clinical trial of the Buteyko Technique conducted for the Australian Association of Asthma Foundations and Buteyko Australia. Where appropriate this shall involve the organisation and coordination of research projects as well as contribution to other organisations' research initiatives and dissemination of results.
3. To train and develop Buteyko Practitioners to provide a high standard of service. This shall involve basic, intermediate and advanced Buteyko Practitioner training as well as ongoing professional development services for Practitioner members.
4. To propose standards of professional ethical behaviour expected of Practitioners of the Buteyko Technique.
5. To increase the understanding and awareness of the general community and health carers about breathing related disorders including asthma, which can be relieved and prevented with the application of the Buteyko Technique and self help strategies. This shall involve advice and services for health workers and the general community.
6. To lobby and advise government and community agencies on breathing related disorders in order to obtain support and funding for programs to benefit people suffering from conditions which can be corrected by the Buteyko Technique.
7. To liaise, share and collaborate with health organisations at local, state, national and international levels, with the objective of maximising every opportunity for synergy and the achievement of common goals.
Buteyko Institute of Breathing and Health
PO Box 3983
MANUKA ACT 2603 Autralia
Australia wide free call 1800 638 444
International +61 8 9368 6998
Facsimile +61 8 9330 3326
Copyright 1999 by The Buteyko Breathing Asia.